Saturday 24 September 2011

Nanga Bay

Ok I've been 'off the air' again.  I always think to myself that I never do anything interesting, but when I look back through my blog, I seem to be away quite a lot.  Off camping or having a 'girl's weekend' somewhere.
(Should be more of it too!)

Last weekend we went to Nanga Bay for a couple of days, just to get away from the hustle and bustle of our country town (!) for a break.  Nanga Bay is the most peaceful, gentle and serene place.  I loved breathing in the healing atmosphere.  We kayaked for hours, had a lot of fun, met a couple of interesting people, got bitten by about a million mozzies, drank a 'tad' of alcohol and came home rested............and itchy.

Looking from our camp to the beach.  We had our own private track where we walked down to the beach each afternoon to see the dugongs that came into the same spot each day.

Track to our camp from the beach.

Sunset on the first night.

Crystal clear water, and we had it all to ourselves.

Me and my peanut toes....just to prove I was there!

Speck in distance = husband on kayak.

Sunset day two.

Still not a soul in sight.  Magic.

You can't see it very well here but this little bloke was bright green.


The wildflowers putting on an amazing show for us.

The last sunset...and the best.  The calm before the storm I think!

1 comment :

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.