Thursday 13 April 2017

Coral Bay 2017

Each year we head off to Coral Bay on the Ningaloo Reef for our annual camping holiday.  We've been going there since our girls were small, so maybe a bit more than 20 years I guess?  Over the years our trips have become less jam packed with tours, boat trips, late nights, hangovers and noise and have slowly been filled with early mornings, peaceful days and a gentler more observant approach to nature.  It seems that we are becoming more in tune with our environment and our time there has deepened our appreciation of the beautiful, peaceful and pristine coastline. 

Here's a snapshot of a typical day......



Kayaking and paddle boarding as the dawn breaks on a new day.



Sunrise.



Kayaking over to the reef shark nursery for a look.  Now I know what a 'shag on a rock' looks like!



Setting up for the day at Five Fingers Reef.



.........and the front view.  This is all precisely measured and takes some practice.  It involves lots of pacing out, experts in reversing and a carefully measured and well looked after piece of string.
Truly.



"Don't look at me and I won't look at you."
Legs like lamp posts (I know how that feels).



Fading light is an indication that 'happy hour' is well underway.



........and the breathtaking sunset closes another amazing day.



I also kept a bit of a sketch journal while away so will upload some of those pages when I get a chance.....I'm still knee deep in sand and washing here.    


4 comments :

Nanna Chel said...

Fran what beautiful scenery. It looks so serene and it must have been nice to get away without having to bother about the internet etc. I hope you get the washing done eventually.

Fran Ponta said...

Thanks Chel. It was so great being 'unplugged' for three weeks. I look forward to it each year. I'm still knee deep in washing though! Lol.

Home is My Haven said...

All the washing and sand is well worth it I'm sure. I must say I've never been to such a beautiful looking place. How relaxing it must be.

So glad you enjoyed your three weeks and I hope you've had a good recharge too. Bring on next year I say.

Kylie

Fran Ponta said...

Yes it sure is beautiful. I never want to come home! The cooler weather is starting to come in here now that we're back though, so I'm feeling renewed and eager to get stuck into the garden.