Saturday 7 July 2012

Time out please world

We have a lot going on in our lives at the moment.  

Relatives and very close friends with 'stuff' to deal with.  

I sit here and try to zone out.........by looking at exquisite stationery on the internet, by reading reviews on which vintage dip pens are the smoothest to use, sometimes even by laying my face into a brand new journaling magazine and breathing in the aroma of 'print'.

Why does my husband insist on telling me what's happening on the ABC News in the middle of all this?

I just want to surround myself with soft fuzzy paintbrushes, beautiful handmade paper, hand dyed silk threads, soft buttery acrylics, fragile soluble pencils...........and gently dive head-first into art oblivion.  

That's pretty normal isn't it?



No comments :