Saturday 7 March 2015

The Washi Dress

I've been neglecting my blog.  Naught naughty.  My family will be wondering what's happened to me.

Now that the heat of summer has toned down a bit I've been getting back into some sewing.  I wanted to try out the Washi dress, which everyone (yes everyone) in blogland has been talking about.


It normally takes me ages to choose fabric, but not this time.  I saw a bolt of fabric sitting on the cutting table at Spotlight......a soft cotton linen blend, cream with a light coffee coloured leaf design and it looked beautiful and cool. Good.  That'll do nicely thanks.

The Washi is an easy pattern with several rows of shirring across the back for comfort and fit.  No zipper - yay!


Cool and comfortable, perfect for at home.


The dress is all finished and hanging in my wardrobe awaiting it's maiden voyage, but I have since discovered while in Spotlight that I have used curtain fabric.  Sheesh - I'll probably look like a mobile lounge room.



No comments :