Sunday 19 May 2013

Jackson's Journal

I'm getting ready to start my next journal but this time it's not going to be a handmade journal.  I've decided that I'm only going to use products that are available from Jackson's Drawing Supplies.  A nice little challenge.

Even though I'm sure I have every conceivable product that is available at Jackson's, and there's literally thousands of them, I know I also have a huge collection of art supplies that are available elsewhere too.....much to my glee (and embarrassment).
While I was working in the shop full time recently, I found myself discussing various products with customers that Jackson's didn't actually stock.  Oh good one Fran.  So anyway......long story short......I've decided to only use Jackson's gear in my next journal, including the actual journal.  This little challenge will hopefully give me some experience and knowledge on how the various products available at Jackson's behave.  (No good recommending a natty little no-bleed Sharpie marker if we don't actually sell natty little no-bleed Sharpie markers is there?  And don't get me started on those cute as a button folding rulers.....in turquoise of all colours!)

It was a pretty hard task to choose my products, but I suffered through it.




See what I mean?  This 'happy place' just goes on and on........to infinity.

So anyway, here's my kit to start with.


I've pared down to the basic essentials.


I've never used this Arches paper before.  Well not knowingly anyway.  I usually buy something a bit cheaper, my reasoning being that I won't be so precious with it.  But as I'm testing products (do I sound like a pro?) I thought I'd go for broke.  I don't know what the big deal was anyway, it's not even that expensive.


The jury is still out on these Schaeffer fountain pens.  I'm afraid I was sorely disappointed when they decided to put a 'viewing hole' (?) in the barrel so you could see how much ink was left in the cartridge.  For some reason the whole weight of the pen has changed....and a considerable amount of class along with it.  Anyway, I just decided to 'suck it up Princess' and move with the times.  Lets just hope that the ink and nibs still perform as they did in their former glory.............that would be when I used to be a draftsman...................when dinosaurs ruled the earth.


Ok, so here's another shot that might be a little clearer.

There you have it.  My Jackson's stuff.


Oh woops.....here's my brand spanking new (ok I did have a little weeny play) Schmincke watercolour half pan set. I knew I'd forget something.

I wonder what I'll be doing with all these yummy things?

Watch this space ...........

No comments :